Living a fabulous life isn't easy, but I do it flawlessly! Of course I am not going to toot my own horn (beep-beep!), but this is not another blog from yet another pretentious person who thinks they are more fabulous than reality. Instead, I detail the makings of a fabulous life no matter where you are in life. It does not take a lot of money to live a fabulous life, just a lot of creativity. Honestly, being fabulous is a state of mind and I plan to help get you there, fabulously of course!!!

Friday, April 27, 2012

The Fabulous Renovation of Me

After a long spring semester and a brief hiatus from my blog, I have done an introspection and decided it is time for a renovation. Much like a house needs to be updated every so often, fashion designers update their classics, and car companies release new models of their cars, I decided it is time to develop Daryl J. Version 5.0.

Honestly, the last couple of months have been quite tumultuous for me. I am a little bruised, battered, and beaten. But I have made it through. I have always been a tenacious individual, so I had to employ some tenacity and tapped into my intestinal fortitude to make it through the past few months. We all go through tough seasons in our lives and I am no different.

One of the Pastors I follow on Twitter (@JayGamble) recently referenced Langston’s Hughes poem “From Mother to Son.” Langston is one of my favorite poets and this is one of my favorite poems. The premise of the poem is how the mother has lived a hard life and had many painful experiences along the way, but has managed to persevere through the difficult obstacles she has experienced in her life.

I know the human condition is hard, but being the best you is your way of surviving it. Sometimes you have to adapt to the changes in your life and your new environment by reinventing yourself. You too must go through an introspection process and do an inventory to determine that which needs improvement inside of you.

One of the aspects I plan to improve is my weight. I am happiest and feel my best when I am at a certain weight which I am not at right now. (I will talk more about this in a future article) Another aspect I plan to change is just working on improving me overall.

As I always say, I live a hectic live and have noticed that in the midst of all the chaos, I have lost focus of myself. I have a lot going on in my life right now and am going through a transitional process. While in this process though, I have forgotten how important it is to focus on that which continually makes and keeps me happy.

So while doing some spring cleaning, do a spring introspection and take inventory of that which you wish to improve within yourself. It may be boosting your confidence to date again, losing weight like me, or mustering up the courage to go back to school.

Change is good and I am sure no matter whom you are that you could use some renovations in your life. Life is not a crystal stair, but it does not mean we have to look like we have taken the stairs with tacks in it to get to where we are now in life. You do not have to look like your situation, but always remember the exact details of your situation.

Feel free to tell people about what you renovated in your life and do not leave out a single thing. After time, we begin to forget how hard our experiences were and sugarcoat the pain we endured. Pain propels us to the next level in life, so never diminish the pain you felt for any reason. Who knows, your story may minister to someone else and help them through their situation without you even knowing it.

The time has come and the season is now for you to renovate yourself. You may have pushed it back until you have the mental resources available or because it is a painful process. Whatever the reason, this process cannot wait.

If you are not sure about how to start the renovation process, read my blog article on the 30 Day Reset which will serve as a great starting point. In order to bring about change in our lives sometimes, it has to start with us. So get together your plan for renovation with your ultimate goal and make sure you stick to it because it is time to become a better you.

Because to be fabulous, you have to know what makes you fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment