Living a fabulous life isn't easy, but I do it flawlessly! Of course I am not going to toot my own horn (beep-beep!), but this is not another blog from yet another pretentious person who thinks they are more fabulous than reality. Instead, I detail the makings of a fabulous life no matter where you are in life. It does not take a lot of money to live a fabulous life, just a lot of creativity. Honestly, being fabulous is a state of mind and I plan to help get you there, fabulously of course!!!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Fabulous First Date

Before I get started, let me clear the record. This is, nor will it ever be, a relationship blog. I am not going to lie, relationships are my one weakness in life and I am no expert. So if you are looking for relationship and dating tips, I am sure there is a blog out there by someone else for you, but this is not it. Whew! Now that I have that out of the way, I will tell you how to go about making that first date fabulous.

My first recommendation is to select a restaurant which is intimate and sets the mood. The ambiance will help you with your nerves and will encourage interaction with your date. If the place has candles on the table, even better.

Always pick a restaurant that serves small plates. If you select a place with large entrées, you may spend more time eating than talking and getting to know each other. However, if your date is talking while eating, this may be a sign that the relationship will not work (at least it is to me). The other reason for this tip is because you do not want to go to a place that serves large entrées and you eat everything on your plate because your date might judge you negatively.

When drinking cocktails, always remember there is a two drink maximum. No exceptions! I know alcohol is liquid courage, but if you consume too much alcohol, you may slip up and divulge too much information too soon or simply embarrass yourself.

Lastly, pick a restaurant with a nice and intimate environment. This may require some research because you want to go to a nice restaurant where you are able to hear each other and not have to yell at each other because the restaurant is too loud. Trust me, I have done this before and it did not result in a good first date.

When it comes to deciding what to wear, I say wear your Sunday’s best or buy something new. You want this person to see you at your best, and when they tell you how good you look, play humble and act like it is an old outfit you just threw together. I know this may sound vain, but you want the person to have the best visual of you in their mind and this is how you make that happen.

Another reason why I do this is because I am a little high maintenance (okay, maybe a lot). Getting myself all “fabed up” is my way of non-verbally communicating this message because I cannot wait three months later for this to come out and then he runs for the hills. If he is able to deal with me being more high maintenance than a Range Rover, he will automatically earn some extra credits points.

But really, I know first dates are very nerve wracking, so just be yourself. If you are on a date and they are unable to appreciate how fabulous you are, this is a sign they are not meant for you. If you are currently going through a dating drought, get all dressed up and go sit at the bar of your favorite restaurant. You will probably meet someone this way and the person is there for a reason, so they probably like the restaurant as much as you do.

You know, being fabulous is nice and all, but it is even nicer to be fabulous with someone else. If for whatever reason you have told yourself you do not want to date or are not ready to date, go on a date. At the end of the day, living fabulously is about taking chances and having fun, so call up that person you have been avoiding and take them up on their offer to go out on a fabulous first date.

Because to be fabulous, you have to know what makes you fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment