Living a fabulous life isn't easy, but I do it flawlessly! Of course I am not going to toot my own horn (beep-beep!), but this is not another blog from yet another pretentious person who thinks they are more fabulous than reality. Instead, I detail the makings of a fabulous life no matter where you are in life. It does not take a lot of money to live a fabulous life, just a lot of creativity. Honestly, being fabulous is a state of mind and I plan to help get you there, fabulously of course!!!

Friday, March 9, 2012

Fabulous or Faux Fabulous: Pregnant Jessica Simpson Covers Elle Nude

One writer asked if this pose is getting old and I would have to say yes. For some reason when I look at this cover, I have flashbacks of Demi Moore and countless other women who have dropped trou to show of their fabulous baby bump. Maybe the reason is because this pose has been exacted one too many times by now. I get that it is supposed to be liberating and make pregnant women feel good about their pregnant bodies. In a fabulous world where everyone is photoshoped, that may work, but not in the real world. Pregnancy changes a woman’s body drastically and most of them do not have someone who is able to airbrush away their stretch marks and to conceal their insecurities. So if they are going to celebrate the gift of pregnancy, they should do it without photoshop, do it without any makeup (the face included), and show how fabulous it really is to be pregnant. For this reason, I have to say Jessica Simpson looks good, but this pose has become very Faux Fabulous. What do my FABs think and make sure you vote in the poll to the right?



2 comments:

  1. Anne Geddes should have done her photo shoot, THEN I would be interested in the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, she looks fabulous. But I'm also so very, very tired of this pose. Not only do I see it on a cover every year, but I have friends who've also adopted this pose and have insisted on getting one done when their pregnant.

    Every pregnant woman does NOT look like this. If anything, I think it makes those with stretch marks, those who've gained more weight than they wanted to and who aren't 'glowing' feel bad. I agree, let's see them without Photoshop!

    ReplyDelete